Saturday, August 4, 2018

IDAA2018 Reno Gratitude

Thank you God for the idea of a higher power and even still a loving God. Thank you for this new day. Thank you for this conference.  Thank you for Peppermill Resort. Thank you for the friends and colleagues I know here. Thank you for Gordy, Dick, Cheryl, Art, Carole, Tom, Robbi, Jan, Julie, John, actually thank you for all the Johns, Irv, Nathan, Traci, Mary, and while we at it Martha, who isn’t here but may as well be, and for Graeme, and Alistair, and Randy  and Mary Beth, and Ginge and Mike, Tommy, Dorothy, Alex,Elizabeth, Val,  and John again, especially Dave and his son,  I keep thinking of John’s, and Karen and Adam and Corinne, and Brett, and all these names who mean so much to me, who I know today like classmates and love as friends who I admire too, but thank you for the relationships.  Thank you that I remember the names. Thank you for the warm feelings the names ignite within me as I remember so many fond encounters. Thank you for the individuals and the group. I learned here that you work through people and these people have been instruments of love and care and knowledge.  I like that there is this mother ship and we all fly out from it and return with our stories and I experience. Thank you for all the people I’ve been blessed to know, the lives I’ve touched and been touched by. Thank you for the sharing. Thank you for the meaning. Thank you for the sense that I can join a table and know I’ll be welcome. Thank you for the civilization. Thank you for the good manners. Thank you for the high mindedness. Thank you for the Like Minded Doctors. Thank you for the Cyber docs. Thank you for the psychiatrists. Thank you for the humor and the laughter. Thank you for the sense of community. Thank you for the organizers. Thank you for the wives and husbands. Thank you for Jerry Moe and the children. The children and teens are wild. Thank you for the books and t shirts. Thank you for the meals and runs and activities. Thank you for the CME. Thank you for those who are gone but we remember. Thank you for the weather, the swimming pool, bikinis. Thank you especially for bikini’s Lord Jesus.  Thank you for laughter. Did I say how much I like the laughter. Thank you for the freedom. Thank you for this oasis away from the cares and concerns and petty mountains of daily existence. Thank you for the reminders of reality and that so much is mere attitude.Thank you for the challenge to trust and have faith.  Thank you for the positives. Thank you for the moments of sharing of loss and the stories of building and beginnings. Thank you for the book and all the other books. Thank you for reading and history. Thank you for beauty and good cheer. Thank you for all the good things I’m reminded of here. Thank you for the research. Thank you for the early morning meetings. Thank you for surgeons and internists and especially anesthesiologists.  Thank you for the dentists and pharmacists and psychologists and vets. Thank you for the colour. Thank you for the sunny sky. Thank you for peace and order. Thank you for safety. Thank you for healing. Thank you for medicine. Thank you for recovery. Thank you for all Lord. Thank you for showers and coffee too.



No comments: