Monday, August 3, 2026

BC Day, Monday,

Friday Laura came over. I’d stowed and closed up ready to take the Thor to Dam’s Ford for Service. The trouble was the jacks didn’t retract.  I called Traveland and tried to trouble shoot by phone without success.  Traveland Mobile RV service will be out Wednesday. I’m hoping it’s a fuse.  Regardless the Friday and the rest of the weekend were free so Laura could come earlier.  Madigan was so pleased.  
I barbecued steaks. 
On Saturday I made a trip to IKEA and was so impressed with all the store had to offer. I didn’t find the stick on mirror I’d hoped for but did find a very thin mirror I could use with the Velcro double sided fasteners.  With Laura’s help I mounted a mirror on the back door and really like it. I’ve another one the same which I don’t know how I’ll use. The big stand up mirror I’d had can now go to storage or be given away.  
At Canadian Tire they ahd a fruit mart so I shopped for nectarine and plumbs and cherries. 
I only received half my check. Garry has separated them in two in the past but I didn’t know this time if that was it because the cheque was so small. I was able to pay taxes but went into overdraft. The bank has inrreasing fees for these things and I’m just annoyed at the high taxes high cost of living and that I just seem to be living cheque to cheque.  I did buy a Trek bike and rack actatack rack but I ‘m selling the Vespa and that’s not concluded.  Then there’s the rifle the government buy back program targeted but I’ve never received the money from that.  So I had a day of feeling poor when I wasn’t and called the clinic that confirmed I had money coming. When it did I felt good but I’m not too spiritually awake as I want to achieve my goals without more stress considering all I’ve done is work and I see the government wasting money it’s taken so long and hard for me to acquire. Even now I still owe the bank money for my car and motorcoach home.  The fact is I’m very happy with my life now and grateful for all my blessings. It’s just that I relapse into catastrophizing and stinking thinking on occasion.  Such a little trigger and I’m back where I had no money for food and I’m paying off the debts my ex acccured.
Poor me- I’m so quick to slide into self pity. I’m really thankful for the tools of AA that has taught me to accept birds can shit on my head but that doesn’t mean I should let them make a nest in my hair.  Life is good. I have to resist the self pity pity parties.  I used to be so angry and sad whereas now I’m working on gratitude.
I enjoyed my zoom doctors recovery meeting and the visit after to the Chiropractoer. My back is so much better than it was and I’m able to walk fine.I even think of hunting in the fall again.  
Traveland this Wednesday and dams’ Friday and Jeep has a reccal so another appointment there.  Meanwhile the Merry Maids came last week and my home was so clean and inviting.  
Laura has been eating, showering, reading and walking the dog.  I’ve been joining her in reading and napping.  It’s been hot and sunny weather and since I cleaned the filters of the air conditioner I’ve had cool interior.  

I’ve focused on prayer and living in the day.  ODAT.  I’m taking eye vitamins and ibuprofen and asa and sotimes spironolactone.  Just like dad did I take vitamins and meds sometiemns psychologically.  It’s all psychosomatic.  I need to exercise more but I’ve ridden my Trek bike to the mall a couple of times already.  I’d like to be by a lake so I could swim each day.  I might yet get some time to do that but I’m enjoying Burnaby.  Laura is house sitting the next two weeks.  She calls coming to visit me from the city ‘going to the country’..  Burnaby is a suburb.  She drives over in her little Red Smart car.  Madigan is so happy our ‘gang’ enlarges.  I’m really relaxed with company.  This reading westerns and napping then eating and watching the Rookie Blue series, despite its occasional heavy handed political correctness is fun.  Rookie Blue is a soap opera of beautiful women and handsome men juxtaposed with police action.  As Laura says cops in general don’t look like that.  This is true for all of the illusion of television and escapism.  

Propaganda is rampant.  The Ukraine war is winding up.  There’s a shift to the right along with America and the open borders invasion is being stemmed in America and Europe.  Poland who never allowed it is a success.  

I’m just annoyed with the high costs of living in Canada but should be thankful for the health of my extended family and my dog.  Expectations are preformed resentments.  I’m blessed to be here on a holiday with Laura and Madigan.  I have a pool to go to but I resist it because it’s normally so busy in the summer.  I have a car I could drive to a dog friendly beach with but I’m lazy. I walk around the park with him so he has his daily poops .  Yet i have the Brunette Lake and Brunette River walks I could do more often. I did fast another day and I’m alive and thankful.  

I’ve been reading Mystics of the Church and am not driven know samadhi or nirvana. Perhaps the good is the enemy of the best. I’m paying my taxes, doing service and work. It was last week I gave George his 50 year cake and was honored to celebrate his success and inspiration.

I’ve missed church the last couple of weeks. I say I’m a summer pagan and a winter Christian. I’d rather be outdoors in the summer than in church it seems .  Much of the vehicle maintenance and work are for the 3 months winter expedition south . I’m aiming for that. I’ve got a hunt planned for a week beginning of October and head to Palm Spring early December. Laura is flying down to join me then it’s FOY and Algadones and Arizona.  Right now it’s perfect here and it’s a grand day but I’m sometime in the future not quilte living one day at the time in the presence of God.  At least I meditated today.  

Madigan has taken to wanting to play at night when Laura is here waking us then napping during the day.  First world problems with a crazy dog companion.

I enjoy seeing pictures of the nephews and great nephews and great neice as well as the God kids.  I’m in a bit of a mental spiritual limbo. Life is good and I’m muddling along, thankful 




We identified the Sweet Gum Tree with the Green seed gum balls (fruit) here in the park. I liked putting the picture in the Grok and asking for idenfitication.  I really do like AI of this kind and may again move to using my voice more to ask questions of identification of the plants and tress. I have apps for all these, like stars and flowers and birds but am too often in my head and not appreciating the wonders around me.  Walking Madigan with Laura I checked out the name of the Sweet Gum Tree even though I’ve passed it a hundred times.  Naming of things. I remember my first heart in recovery Archie recommended I stop thinking - I was in the past of fear and resentment going over and over the lies and betrayals at the time. I got a wild flower book and distracted myself. I regret that I struggle to remember all the naming I’ve done but it’s problem staving off dementia.  I loved being with my brother Ron walking in the woods with Dad as he would name plants and the foods of the native. I most remember him pointing out Rose Hip.  The gum tree fruit is used for wounds, diarrhea and as chewing gum.  That was a native use but it’s used for incense as as a soap ingredient.  The balls are used as decoration on festive occasions.  So much to know.  I’m going back to reading Louis L’Amour last treasure series.  

No comments: