Sunday, February 18, 2018

Westminister Abbey, British Columbia

Coming home from a weekend at Harrison’s I turned off number 7 road at Stave Lake Road driving up to  Dewdney Trunk.  We’ve often stopped at the Abbey in Mission, whether we’ve been on the Harley, in a car or as this time in the Ford F350 Truck.
I like to stop at this lovely spiritual church and pray.  This time, the first Sunday of Lent we were blessed to arrive for the afternoon hymns.  Lent is the 40 day leading up the Easter. The catholic monks there follow the Rule of St. Benedict.  I believe their devotion imbues the already serene site with the power of prayer. It’s a calming place.  I feel uplifted and touched by grace each time I come.  This was special.  To hear the monks reciting.  To kneel in prayer among the worshipers. I felt  apart of the good work of the church in the world.  God the Father, God the Son. God the Holy Spirit.  Thank you Jesus.
Gilbert waited in the truck while Laura and I were in the church.  He was happy at our return.





No comments: