Sunday, December 4, 2016

Sunday Gratitude

Thank you for my sleep last night, my dreams, the bed, the warmth. Thank you for Gilbert, my dog, his little body curled up against mine when I awoke. Thank you for Laura and her apartment. Thank you for the Sunshine. Thank you for coffee and yoghurt and toast and jam. Thank you for Mr. Bean.
Thank you for my iPhone and computer. Thank you for God and Recovery. Thank you for my car and meetings. Thank you for all the gifts of recovery and all the blessings of life.  Thank you for work and reward and meritocracy and service. Thank you for my health. Thank you for the relief from pain. Thank you for the hope on the horizon. Thank you for my nephews and sister in law. Thank you for my extended family, all Dad’s brother’s children now growing old, my mother’s sister’s children and all the cousins in Scotland Ireland and New England.
Thank you for trucks and RV’s and ATV’s. Thank you for BC - God’s country.  Thank you for the ocean and the streams and lakes. Thank you for the mountains and valleys. Thank you for the resilience of the earth, the constant renewal. Thank you for science and homeostasis and the laws of physics. Thank you for chemistry and neurotransmitters and psychopharmacology. Thank you for medicine. Thank for all the learning I”ve been graced to know and the hard work of study and the struggle of years of grasping the basics then years more of understanding and then finally the insights.  Thank you for the decades of experience and the constant study and constant learning. Thank you for the colleagues and the process. Thank you for the research and research training and researcher’s eye. Thank you for the joy of realization, the aha moments.
Thank you for chips and dip.
Thank you for sex and orgasm and good food faste buds, full stomachs and good shits. Thank you for exercise and the hope that I will regain my once athletic body now I can no longer use injuries as excuses. Thank you for walking again without pain. Thank you for bow hunting this fall. Thank you the restoration of my balance and the ability to climb hills of rocks and logs and safely come and go in the woods. Thank you for hunting friends and Gilbert and Charles.
Thank you for logging companies and exploration roads. Thank you for the miners and the excavations. Thank you for the industry and planes and helicopters. Thank you for rockets. Thank you for the space Station and space flight and planets and astronomy.
Thank you for the fall of communism.  Thank you for the pushing back against the dictatorships and totalitarian designs of the UN. Thank you for Israel. I loved visiting the Temple in Jerusalem and long to go again. Thank you for history and the study of history and geography and the study of geography.
Thank you for my yacht and may I soon be on another expedition.  Thank you for my sailing buddy Tom. Thank you for the SV GIRI.  Thank you for the Coast Guard and the Navy and the Military all who keep the land and see free and safe.  Thank you for our RCMP and Vancouver police.
Thank you for my feet and hands. Thank you for the babies and children of my friends. Keep them safe and well. Thank you for the joy of my family and friends. May it increase.
Help my patients in their trials and struggles. Help them succeed and overcome their limitations and disabilities. Help them succeed and become free of whatever binds them.
Thank you for Jesus. Thank you for church. Thank you for sacred spaces. Thank you for glorious music.
Thank you for great theatre.  We are so thainkful for Pacific Theatre and Ron Reed. Thank you for the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra and the Orpheum. Thank you for such incredible music and great composition and the genius of talent and work of these amazing musicians. Thank you for all those who are disciplined and persist in learning great arts and skills. Thank you for Schools of Music. Thank you for BCIT and MIT and thank you for the University of Winnipeg and University of Manitoba and University of British Columbia.
Thank you for this day.  Thank you Lord.

No comments: