Wednesday, May 28, 2014

St. Petersburg, evening

I’ve just had dinner in an internet cafe.  Salad and a meat pie in a delicious cream sauce.  I walked around a bit today.  We’re flying to Ulyanovsk early tomorrow.  This was previously know as Simbirsk and was the birthplace of Lennin.  Barrett has family and friends there.  I’m going along for the ride.  On my own I would have only gone to Moscow and St. Petersburg.  It's all an adventure.
After the Peter and Paul Fortress Barrett headed off to be with friends. I ended back in the Kazan Cathedral. I bought an icon there. Mother and Child.  I’d meant to go the Russian Art Museum but found it closed when I got there. It was closed the other day we tried to go there too.  I found another icon, St. George. These icons come with official certificates . I found a silk scarf as well. The wind has been chilly.  I think it will work well as a motorcycling scarf too.  I stopped for coffee a couple of times. I blogged. It’s been raining cats and dogs and hippopotamus.  I am thankful for my umbrella and jacket.  I’m tired out from walking.  I got over by the Admirality Building searching for St. Peter on his horse.  I found him. I also found St. Isaac's Cathedral but passed on climbing the 262 steps of the Colonnade. The cathedral itself was closed.  On the way back I passed the Church of the Spilled Blood again.  I suspect the building I saw a clinic or hospital building too.
 DSCN1903
DSCN1902
DSCN1921
DSCN1913
DSCN1928
DSCN1925
DSCN1918
DSCN1926
DSCN1916
DSCN1930
DSCN1938
DSCN1935
DSCN1939DSCN1940
DSCN1941

DSCN1943

DSCN1947

No comments: