Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Kuala Lumpur

The architecture and growth of Kuala Lumpur are amazing.  So much modern art.  Architecture was described once as the 'art for the people'.  In contrast to most other art that can be kept privately and hidden from the public, architecture is literally 'eye candy' for everyone. Here in Kuala Lumpur that is certainly the case.
I took most of these pictures riding on the sky train from the Armada Hotel to the Batu Caves. The Batu Caves are at the end of the line and the train is the way to get there.  The trains are simply a terrific network.  People were friendly and even one women told me that my packsack was open at the top.
The other pictures I took from on top of the Menara Kuala Lumpur Tower.  The Petronas Twin Towers (designed by Cesar Pelli and Associates) was completed in 1997 and stands at 1438 feet. They are truly spectacular.  Some others are just pictures of big impressive buildings I took walking about.
It's a perpendicular city as much as a sprawling horizontal city. There are at least five or six major groupings of the most impressive sky scrapers.Whole high rise cities in this massive spread of city.
I am humbled by the knowledge of so many people so like me in so many ways. All the human hopes and fears.  Travelling I'm made aware of what a little being I am on a huge planet spinning around a sun in a galaxy thats one of trillions.  Who knows if there are people on other planets?

IMG 1610
IMG 1570
IMG 1569
IMG 1568

IMG 1559
IMG 1555
IMG 1553
IMG 1558
IMG 1533
IMG 1564
IMG 1526
IMG 1521IMG 4357


DSC 0289
DSC 0293

DSC 0296
DSC 0288


No comments: