Saturday, January 26, 2013

Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

My scuba diving was cancelled today because of wind and rain in the morning. Near noon, the rain stopped and the sun came out.  I went into town for a meeting and met Rick from Connecticut. We had lunch while he regaled me with tales of his experiences which included touring Stepping Stones. After he pointed me in the direction of the beach and said "There's even a Starbuck's." I'd not been in this part of town, the truly tourist Cancun like experience. Of course I had to buy a Harley Davidson T Shirt. A half dozen young men offered to sell me ganja, while one offered coke, then women, when I said no to the drugs. Meanwhile every vendor called out to me on the street much like the Arab bazaars. Everything was there from the finest products to tourist schlock. It's just that I'm fairly blessed in life, and all I thought of was missing Gilbert, my cockapoo, seeing all the little dogs accompanying owners. At Starbucks, the Americano really was good.  Though I didn't connect to wifi it was the one place it seemed everyone felt safe with a laptop out. I suspect if I came again and wasn't going to a resort like this Iberostar I'd stay in one of the many hotels within a block of the beach. I love sitting in an outdoor cafe writing and watching people. DSCN1045 DSCN1041 DSCN1043 IMG 2493 IMG 2494 IMG 2497 IMG 2499 DSCN1048 DSCN1009 DSCN1010

1 comment:

Dr.Irma Gavaldon said...

What a nice post! Thank you so much for sharing this one. I look forward for your other posts as well. More power to you and your business, too. Keep it up! You can feel comfortable knowing that we specialize in all aspects of dentistry so that no one in your family needs to look elsewhere for dental service
dental work mexico