Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

The TLABC Medicolegal conference concluded early after noon. I had a great lunch talking with a learned lawyer/philosopher/student of the human condition. He's from Chilliwack. Then I just had to drag myself down to the beach. Having seen pictures on Facebook of Wes shovelling snow in Winnipeg I knew he'd be disappointed if I didn't lie on the beach purely for his vicarious enjoyment. I know my family in Ottawa, where it's equally inhospitable, appreciate that I'm taking one for the team, down here suffering the sun. I'm specifically keeping an eye on the bikinis ready to complain if anyone goes topless. North America isn't ready for more European decadence. I did have a great swim in the ocean and took some pictures of birds so I couldn't be accused of doing nothing but lying around on the beach, though frankly I didn't feel inclined to do much else. I love this Iberostar Maya resort. DSCN0624DSCN0618 DSCN0631 DSCN0636 DSCN0642 DSCN0649 DSCN0651 DSCN0653DSCN0616

No comments: