Friday, November 16, 2012

Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul

Psalm 25 "Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul; my God, I have put my trust in thee" I am a spiritual being on an earthly sojourn. There is a loving God whose concern is his creation. I am a significant part of God's creation though insignificant in this world. I am by this token significantly insignificant and insignificantly significant. I am today awake and alive in God. In prayer I talk to God. In meditation I listen to God. God is greater than I am. God be with me, in me, leading me, showing me. May I be one with you. May I know you are with me in all difficulties. "O let me not be confounded, neither let mine enemies triumph over me.' I need you Lord to discern the truth. I need your guidance in all my study, research and activity. I would ask you to be my eyes, ears, mouth, hands and feet. The Devil is called the Great Deceiver. Satan is known by his lies. Heaven is truth. Hell is deceit. Let me know the positive and not be tricked by the negative. Let me see the light in the darkness. There is spiritual warfare and I would be with thee, O Lord. Let me fight and stand by thy side. St. Theresa described those distractions that kept one from the Inner Castle. Let me know them as distractions and move past them to the source of joy and peace that is you, O Lord. Let me not be caught by the reasoning of zombies or bitten by the tainted ideas of soul sucking vampires. Keep the demons of ignorance, fear and hatred from me. Let me feel thy peace and comfort every nano second of my day. Alone I am weak but with you I am strong. With you always I will succeed. Even in death I would walk with thee, O Lord. "For all they that hope in thee shall not be ashamed; but such as transgress without a cause shall be put to confusion." You are my pole star, O Lord. You are the Way, the Truth and the Light. I have given you my life and know your sacrifice. I may be ridiculed but I will not be ashamed. I may be humbled but I will not be humiliated. In you is all learning. I come before your majesty on bended knee, my head bowed low. I am Yours O Lord. May I do Thy Will. "Show me thy ways, O Lord, and teach me thy paths."

No comments: