Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sirius Satellite Radio

I rented a new Jeep in Ottawa. Great car and it came with Sirius Satellite radio.  I had it on the comedy channel the whole time.  I almost hit the meridian once I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes so couldn't see my turn.  Other than that I was hooked.
My 2011 Mazda Miata came with Sirius Satellite and 6 months trial. After that it's $17 a month.  Now I think it's worth it. That's the cost of not having advertisements. The Miata Bose Sound system comes with AM, FM1 and FM2 radio as well as 6 stack CD.  The fact is I like Sirius Satellite because I don't like switching cd's or channels even though I'm really thankful the Miata has the radio controls on the steering wheel.
I've just been out here in the car at night like a kid putting in the the 18 Sirius channels I can program. I've got a couple of symphony and opera channels, a 60's rock, a modern rock, a couple of country channels, a folk and acoustic rock channel, three commedy channels. I've put in BBC world news and local weather. I almost put in CBC but I get CBC on AM and FM.  18 channels is a lot of channels.  And I can switch channels from my steering wheel. Wow.
Okay I'm a Sirius Satellite fan.   There's some 180 channels, 120 main ones and these others as well.  Steady programming.  And no commercials.  Wow!

1 comment:

Diseqc Switch said...

The fact is I like Sirius Satellite because I don't like switching cd's or channels even though I'm really thankful the Miata has the radio controls on the steering wheel.

Diseqc Switch