Saturday, January 21, 2012

Rodeo - Liberia, Costa Rica

I drove to Liberia for dinner eating a terrific meal in the restaurant just behind the church. I actually went to church but other than "Le Senor" couldn't make much of what was happening. Some colour festival.  So prayed and went on to dinner.  Marvellous Pollo.  Our Spanish teacher told us Costa Rica was known for it's chicken and fish.
After driving home I came across a rodeo, stopped and joined in. What fun.  The riders rode the bulls well.  I've got some of it on video so when I have time I'll upload it to utube as that's what I need to do first to load it to the blog.  In the meantime these are poor night  shots I took. Everything was happening very fast so the camera can't be faulted. What was funniest was that once the rider was thrown or the bull stopped and he jumped off the kids in the ring had the job of convincing the bull to go back into the stall. The bull's were out and wanted to chase and poke humans a bit before they were ready to go back to bed.  Lots of excitement.DSCN0002 DSCN9987DSCN9990DSCN9977DSCN9985DSCN0008DSCN0013DSCN9980DSCN9999

No comments: