Monday, December 27, 2010

Mystery and Miracle

"If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile, you are still in your sins." (I Corinthians 15:17)

It is only my fear that states that the world must be limited to what I know and see. My arrogance alone demands this. Freed of fear and pride I could humbly believe as a child does, because my relationship to God and the cosmos is as a child.
It was considered insane to suggest that men could fly in ships of steel. So much of what we take for granted is a product of this generation a lone. Our cellphones are the thing of science fiction and 'futurist' thinking, Buck Rodger Communicators. We live in a miraculous and sacred world more dream like than real with few but us scientists understanding the laws of physics. Yet all around there are 'believers' participating in the great awakening.
What little more does it take to think that God became man and as man lived as such but also was in the process of becoming God again. Jesus walking on water isn't so fanciful. We have hovercraft today and all huge devices like the computers of my youth become small in time.
Our 'machine' religion though demands this device where as the idea of unlocking the secrets of the mind and the universe transcend the need of this 'device', this 'totem'.
Jesus said that if you had the faith of a mustard seed you could move mountains. We can move mountains with explosions. The Egyptians made mountain pyramids with human labour. We have wonders of the world that now include space shuttles and space stations.
But I'm still fascinated by the stories of women who lift buses to save their babies. There's something in me that has come forth and I have done what I did not believe possible. In the poem of the Footprints the man asks Jesus why in toughest parts of the trail of his life there aren't the two sets of foot prints, of man with God walking beside him but only one set as if God forsook man. Jesus responds to that, saying those are the places where I was carrying you.
It's this experience that touches me. I've had that sense of being carried, of going beyond the limitations of this world.
I prefer this open world of infinite possibilities where we know scientifically everything is just a hypothesis and even the physics of tomorrow will allow us to travel beyond the speed of light to perhaps the speed of faith. Time itself is temporal. Nothing is impossible in God's world.
As Jesus was the Son of God so I am a child of God. Today I ask God to be my eyes, my ears, my hands and feet. Show me the miraculous world. Open my eyes to the wonder of your creation. Don't let me reduce everything to the limits of my mind alone. Raise me from the beast to the man I can be. Help me walk upright today that one day I might fly like an angel. If it be thy will. I die and am reborn in you daily. Let me celebrate creation with all the appreciation your artistry deserve. Thank you. Christ is risen. Christ is risen today.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: