Thursday, September 23, 2010

Divine Intelligence

When I consider divine intelligence it seems to me it's really a question of 'to be or not to be'.  Intelligences is a word to define some kind of intentional self reflective capacity.  Mollusks have some intelligence.  The Amoeba might well be defined as intelligent. My dog is certainly intelligent.  Indeed my dog and mollusks are more intelligent, in my opinion, than some of the people I've known over the years. The question then resides with the word 'divine'.  Theoretically if 'intelligent' is a good thing then it would be an attribute of the 'divine'.  Divine is the idealization of man or man is the devaluation of the divine. It's a give and take situation.  The question remains if the two can be coupled.

Personally this may call for an act of faith.  I believe there is divine intelligence.  It's an interesting 'take' on my life experience today to consider that I'm an extension of this 'divine intelligence' and that divine intelligence is working through me. In this sense I and others are the fingers of God per se.  When I look back on my life I see God's fingerprints. There are meanings and associations that I didn't know at the time.  I feel even that I'm 'evolving' as a spiritual being while sadly my materiality is waning.  My hearing is less and my sense of smell is reduced and certainly my strength and power aren't what they once were.  I'm internally caught up in a variety of pains and aches which I suspect I simply ignored in the past.  Also I'm more aware of the beauty of rainbows.

I'm alive today and that alone seems a miracle.

No comments: